Run Around Forums
Register now for free to remove ads!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Run Around Forums
Register now for free to remove ads!
Run Around Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official "Introduction" thread!

+3
Tom
Hikaru Kazushime
Mana
7 posters

Go down

The Official "Introduction" thread! Empty The Official "Introduction" thread!

Post  Mana 10/13/2009, 4:34 am

Here is where you post your "Hello there..." posts!
Introduce yourself to the community!

We want to get to know you.

-Mana♥️
Mana
Mana

http://www.twitter.com/ManaIsAnOtaku

Back to top Go down

The Official "Introduction" thread! Empty Mana! [Known on the blog!]

Post  Mana 10/13/2009, 4:38 am

Hello everyone!
I'm Mana, I'm sure if you've read posts on RAK, then you've heard of me.
I'm Kazu-san's girlfriend. ^^

I am 16, turning 17 on Oct 18.
I'm currently a Senior in High School.
I live in the Bay Area, California.

I am currently heavily Twitter active, if you'd like to follow me.
twitter.com/manaisanotaku

I am a pretty big Otaku and I enjoy going to cons and reading manga, watching anime, all the natural stuff.
I collect figures and I am slightly obsessed with Mikuru from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

I am also the original artist and creator of the RAK mascot Reika. ^^

Nice to meet you!
-Mana♥️
Mana
Mana

http://www.twitter.com/ManaIsAnOtaku

Back to top Go down

The Official "Introduction" thread! Empty Kazushime Hikaru desu.

Post  Hikaru Kazushime 10/13/2009, 9:09 pm

I guess this applies to me too eh Mana?

Name: Kazushime Hikaru
Nicknames: Kazu, Karu, Kazushime, Hikaru, Hi-kun, etc...

Nice to meet you everyone, I'm Kazu, your admin on this forum.
I'm from California USA.
Studying Japanese for 4 years, as well as Web Design and Social Media.

I'm a blogger who regularly posts within otaku related communities, while managing my own blog/sites related to news, review and loads more.
I'm ecstatic to launch this community, and anxious to see how much fun we can have here, sharing what we love. I hope that you make the most out of this forum, and that your time here is spent positively.

My purpose for doing the things I do is because I love to share with others, the things that I have a passion for- figurines, Japanese culture, anime, games, conventions- and I do work hard to visit conventions to bring you coverage, while keeping up with news and fun topics to post about on Run Around Kazu.

If you'd like to learn more about me, you can visit my flickr profile which is currently my most accurate profile:

http://www.flickr.com/people/hikarukazushime/
Hikaru Kazushime
Hikaru Kazushime
Admin

http://runaroundkazu.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The Official "Introduction" thread! Empty Re: The Official "Introduction" thread!

Post  Tom 10/15/2009, 11:59 pm

I'm Tom
If you meet me in real life call me Thomas

Obviously I watch and read a lot of hentai and are edumacated in the likes.

I live in Roseville, the only thing here to do is eachother.

Crewd on myspace

Been Hidan to the last few anime cons

to poor to make a new costume

nothing else worth mentioning
Tom
Tom

Back to top Go down

The Official "Introduction" thread! Empty Re: The Official "Introduction" thread!

Post  Brandon 10/16/2009, 4:15 am

I'm Brandon.
I have like 40 different nicknames that people decide is a good idea to just make up on the spot, and I hate all (with the exception of a few) of them >_>

I live in Tom with Roseville, and there really isn't anything to do here. I went to my first con in June with Tom and overspent, blew my entire wallet but it was dearly worth it. Caught Swine Flu before I could go to the one in September.

I hated anime up until spring of 08 I think it was. I don't cosplay, never liked it. I used to judge people who did it, but I learned that judging people is really stupid and a waste of time.

I'm the VP of an Anime Club at my school, and we're also a merger club with the Mahjong Club. We're planning on going to Sac-Con in January if we raise enough money, so it would be nice to see some of you people there.

I'm a big gamer, although Tom can somehow still outclass me. Guess it's because he doesn't have anything better to do. I love music, anything and everything period. Even the random ass genres of music.

That's pretty much it.
Brandon
Brandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Blitz 10/22/2009, 2:26 am

Hmm, I should probably post here, huh? Maybe before I post anywhere else. Ah well, little late for that.

But better late than never. I'm Blitz. I also answer to Blitzkrieg, in fact I'm pretty much down with any name you can think of with "Blitz" in it. And no, I'm not a nazi, I just think that "lightning war" sounds really cool, especially in a foreign language (specifically german).

Anyway, in real life the name's Brian, and you can feel free to call me that here if you get some massive inexplicable urge to start calling be by my real name (or even if you just feel like calling me that, whatever). I've never been to a con of any kind and have no specific plans to go anytime in the near future (though I have more than one friend who's liable to end up dragging me to one anyway) and I'm not sooper into anime, though there are a select few I've watched or am watching that have a special little place in my heart (Code Geass anyone?) I do love gaming, though I'm probably more casual than any other gamers on here.

Um... that's about all of any intrest I have to say. At least I think that's all I have to say. I can't be sure, because there could be something I could say that I haven't thought of yet and as soon as I post this I'm going to be upset that I forgot it and have to edit the post, but at the moment I have nothing (kudos if you managed to follow that without reading any part of it more than once). Anyway, just saying hi all and I hope we get to know each other better, yadda yadda, all that good meet-and-greet stuff ^^
Blitz
Blitz

Back to top Go down

Post  RedLion 11/23/2010, 3:56 am

Hello,

My name is James and I live in Yuba City. I fix aircraft for a living, though the ones I work on now are no where near as difficult or exciting as the last airframes I've been on.

I've been into anime since Jr. High and haven't looked back since then, but my once rabid addiction is now just a casual hobby. At least that's what I think it is. I mean, I still buy loads of figures from time to time and I even have a Dollfie. My tastes in anime have pretty much dwindled into something shallow now, (Ikkitousen, Queen's Blade, Strike Witches), though I still watch some of my favorites (Gankutsuou, Haibane Renmei, Emma). I've met Kazu through SacAnime when I found out about TLH. Though, due to recent events, it seems I'll be playing the part of the lone wolf now. I'm not going to be strictly itasha on my car, however, I'll be focusing on its power as well, just like the Itasha I seen on the Itasha G magazines.

Other than anime, I just like to read, play games, and stare mindlessly on the computer. I'm also a member of the Seishinkan Kyudojo in Emeryville, one of the only things I look forward to on the weekend, even if it is a 2-3 hour drive.

Favorite Character would have to be....

Kos-Mos

Pleased to meet you.
RedLion
RedLion

Back to top Go down

Post  Hikaru Kazushime 11/24/2010, 6:38 am

RedLion wrote:Hello,

My name is James and I live in Yuba City. I fix aircraft for a living, though the ones I work on now are no where near as difficult or exciting as the last airframes I've been on.

I've been into anime since Jr. High and haven't looked back since then, but my once rabid addiction is now just a casual hobby. At least that's what I think it is. I mean, I still buy loads of figures from time to time and I even have a Dollfie. My tastes in anime have pretty much dwindled into something shallow now, (Ikkitousen, Queen's Blade, Strike Witches), though I still watch some of my favorites (Gankutsuou, Haibane Renmei, Emma). I've met Kazu through SacAnime when I found out about TLH. Though, due to recent events, it seems I'll be playing the part of the lone wolf now. I'm not going to be strictly itasha on my car, however, I'll be focusing on its power as well, just like the Itasha I seen on the Itasha G magazines.

Other than anime, I just like to read, play games, and stare mindlessly on the computer. I'm also a member of the Seishinkan Kyudojo in Emeryville, one of the only things I look forward to on the weekend, even if it is a 2-3 hour drive.

Favorite Character would have to be....

Kos-Mos

Pleased to meet you.

Glad to have you aboard the forums James! Things have been a little slow around here at this moment, but I'm sure things will pick up in the near future. Hope you enjoy your time as a member of the RAF community!
Also, it was good meeting you at SacAnime's opening ceremonies. I am sorry for the confusion with TLH- it was roughly just a month after SacAnime when I (and several others) ended my partnership with them due to some seriously unprofessional events outside the con. Trust me, you're better off lone wolfing it with your own itasha. ^^;; I feel bad for those involved with TLH- they're just being used, it's kinda sad.
Who knows, maybe we'll have our own itasha club one day. I still want to ita-rize my Mitsubishi Diamonte. =)

Anywho- you have a good taste in anime, as well as your favorite character!
Hope you enjoy your time as a member of the RAF community!
Hikaru Kazushime
Hikaru Kazushime
Admin

http://runaroundkazu.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Demy 2/18/2011, 9:02 pm

Yo. I'll list my info nice and easy to avoid damage to your eyes.

Name: Carla (Only a selective few can call me this)
Nickname: Demy / Jaden (Juudai) Princeton / Ji-Hwan
Hobbies: Drawing. I've only really been drawing for 3 years or so. Commanding Platoons/Battalions (ROTC) Writing (Fiction)
Fav. music: K-Pop
Fav. anime/manga character: Too many to list but, I love Gokudera & Lambo (Reborn)
Languages spoken: English & Spanish. (Working on Korean and Japanese)

I got into anime since I was very young. I don't consider myself an otaku. I tend to watch anime and read manga that isn't 'too popular'.
I recently visited Japan, stayed in Nishi-Ikebukuro's Metropolitan. Won't lie though, I spent most of my time at Otome Road. Yeayah.
Not sure what else to talk about, so, ask you want to know anything.

dA: Demyxluver1xxandra
Twitter: @JadenPrinceton
Demy
Demy

http://demyxluver1xxandra.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down